Smoked Salmon Nuggets
Smoked salmon is not only delicious as a main course. If you cut them into small cubes, you have a very tasty appetizer that everyone will love!
Marinate them in rum and you really get a flavor bomb!
We also serve these nuggets at competitions and they have already won a few prizes.
- 800g skinless salmon fillet
- 100g brown sugar
- 30g salt, smoked
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 70ml brown rum
1. Cut the salmon into cubes of about 2.5 cm.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl or resealable bag and add the salmon.
Leave to marinate in a refrigerator for about 4 hours.
3. After 4 hours, remove the salmon from the refrigerator, rinse and dry for 15 minutes
4. Meanwhile prepare a BBQ with lid for indirect smoking at 90-100°C. You do this by putting all the coals on one side and placing your smoking wood in between.
5. Smoke the salmon on the indirect side of the BBQ for about 30 minutes.