What do you do with the residual heat after a grill session? It is a shame to just let it escape and not use it.
Do you have some nuts left and you don't know what to do with them? Easy! Let it smoke slightly and you have a super tasty snack!
- 1 package of cashew nuts
- 1 package of pecans
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- your favorite sweet or salty rub
1. Prepare a BBQ for indirect smoking at about 180 ° C. I myself used a bullet BBQ with a heat deflector, this way I had my entire grill available for smoking.
2. Put the nuts in a container and drizzle with the sesame oil, shake well so that all nuts are slightly coated. This way the rub will stick better.
Sprinkle the nuts generously with the BBQ rub
3. Place the trays with nuts on the grill and let them smoke for about 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes, remove the trays from the grid and let the nuts cool down a bit. You can also serve them right away if you prefer warm nuts.
TIP: You can also do this with walnuts, peanuts, etc.
NOTE: I myself have used oak for smoking, it gives a somewhat stronger smoky flavor to your nuts. You can also opt to go for a sweeter wood such as cherry or apple wood.