It's a hype in the States: queso. A spicy Tex-Mex cheese dip. Suddenly it goes over everything and everything is dipped in. So no longer just nachos.
- Chorizo sausage
- Cubes of spicy cheese
- Canned diced tomatoes
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- Grated cheese
- A skillet
1. Prepare a BBQ for grilling in 2 zones at about 180°C. You do this by placing the coals on one side and lighting it (this is the direct zone) and leaving the other side of your BBQ empty (this is the indirect zone).
Put your skillet on the grid and let it come to temperature.
2. Cut the chorizo sausage into small cubes and fry it over the fire in a skillet.
3. Drain the fat from the skillet and add the cheese cubes, tomato cubes and jalapeño peppers.
4. Add some smoking wood to the coals and let it stand indirectly on a BBQ with the lid closed for 30 minutes. Stir now and then.
5. Serve with a dip of your choice. I chose for crackers with rosemary and sea salt here.