Sea bass with green asparagus
Longstreet smokers have asked me to test their apple chips. This seemed like the perfect opportunity to prepare another sea bass.
In this recipe I smoke the sea bass on a salt stone, grill the asparagus over the fire and make roasted potato slices. The combination of all ingredients is really sublime!
You can really bring the taste of the apple wood back into the fish and combine perfectly with it.
- 2 sea bass on skin
- about 10 green asparagus
- 4 potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- a BBQ rub
Dinner, Kogel BBQ, Sea Bass, Fish, Asparagus, Asperges, Potato, Aardappel
1. Prepare a BBQ for grilling with 2 zones at about 150°C. You do this by filling 1 side of your BBQ with coal and leaving the other side empty.
Place the salt stone on the grid to heat up slowly. If you put the stone on a hot grid, it can burst and we want to avoid that of course.
2. Cut the potatoes into slices about 5mm thick. Put them in a bowl with the olive oil and herbs and shake well.
I used Braairub nr3 from De Fik Erin. This rub is really sublime with potatoes.
3. Place the potato slices on a vegetable grid and place them on the indirect side of the BBQ. Let it cook for about 40 minutes.
4. Wash the asparagus and cut 2-3 cm from the bottom. This end is slightly "wooden" and does not taste good. You don't have to peel green asparagus, which saves a lot of work.
5. When the potatoes are on the BBQ for about 30 minutes, put the green asparagus directly above the coals on the grid. Let them grill for a few minutes until you have a nice grill color, then move them to the potatoes on the vegetable grid so that they can continue cooking.
6. We are going to keep the sea bass very natural, of course we want to taste the smoky taste of the apple wood in the fish.
Mortar some smoked sea salt and sprinkle it over the fish.
Place the smoking wood between the coals so that he can already start smoking.
7. When you move the asparagus to the vegetable grid, place the sea bass on the salt stone. Place the sea bass on the salt stone. Let it smoke until you can easily push the sea bass apart.
8. Take a nice plate, make a bed of the potato and put the sea bass over it.
Place the asparagus nicely around and enjoy!