Rum marinated salmon
Smoked salmon is super tasty, but if you marinate it in rum you really turn it into a flavor bomb!
- 1 Salmon
- 250ml brown rum
- ½ lemon
- 175 g brown sugar
- 80 g coarse sea salt
- 1½ to 2 tablespoons of black peppercorns, jacked
Avondeten, Kogel BBQ, Kamado, Fish, Salmon, Rum
1. For the brine, bring 2 liters of water to the boil. Add the salt, pepper and sugar and stir well until the salt and sugar have melted. Let it cool down.
2. Put the rum in a resealable bag and add the salmon.
3. Let the salmon marinate for 15 minutes and pat dry. Then put the salmon in the brine for 4 hours.
4. Rinse and pat the salmon dry with kitchen paper and let the salmon dry on a wire rack.
Prepare a BBQ for grilling in 2 zones at about 110°C. You do this by placing the coals on one side and lighting it (this is the direct zone) and leaving the other side of your BBQ empty (this is the indirect zone).
6. Smoke the salmon for about 15 - 20 minutes.