Spareribs, a real classic in the BBQ scene. Usually ribs are cooked on the 3-2-1 method. This means that we smoke them for 3 hours, let them cook wrapped up for 2 hours and finish / coat them for 1 hour. However, this takes far too long for our small spare ribs. That is why I choose the 2.5-1.5-0.5 method. This one goes a little faster and our ribs are just as tasty!
- 1 rack of spare ribs
- Butter knife
- Your favorite BBQ Rub (Sticky Ribs from Not Just BBQ)
- 100ml Whiskey (Jack Daniels Honey)
- 100ml Cola
- Brown sugar
Kogel BBQ, Pork, Dinner, Lunch, Spareribs, Varken, Avondeten
1. Prepare a BBQ to smoke for a longer period of time at about 115 ° C. I have used the snake method in a bullet BBQ.
2. Before we season the ribs, we must first remove the membrane at the bottom of the ribs (this stops the smoke and also the taste). We do this by sticking a butter knife between the ribs and the fleece and prying your knife up a bit. When you have enough grip on the fleece, you can pull it loose.
3. Coat the ribs with mustard, this is purely to make the rub stick to the meat. For the rest, the mustard does not give off too much flavor.
4. Season the ribs generously with your favorite BBQ rub. Don't forget the bottom and side!
5. When the BBQ is at the right temperature, place your ribs on the grid in the middle of the snake. Spray your ribs every 15 minutes with a mixture of whiskey and cola. This ensures that the smoke will stick nicely to the ribs.
6. After 2.5 hours you remove the ribs from the BBQ. Place them meat-side down on a sheet of aluminum foil and add the brown sugar, butter and honey. You can also add the remainder of the spray mixture.
7. Fold the sheet of aluminum foil, I myself use 2 sheets of aluminum foil to reduce the chance of tearing. Place the package on the BBQ.
8. After 1.5 hours the ribs are ready to be unpacked. The flesh should now be nicely pulled back and the bones visible. Put them back on the BBQ and coat them with your favorite BBQ sauce
9. After half an hour the sauce has thickened and your ribs are ready to serve.