Chicory with bacon and vinegar
Cold dish can get boring pretty quickly. With this recipe you can conjure up tasty chicory on the table in no time with beautiful, crispy bacon cubes over it.
- 2 heads of chicory
- 50g bacon cubes, salted
- 1 teaspoon of pink pepper
- 1 teaspoon of parsley, dried
- 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- A skillet
Side dish, Kogel BBQ, Spek, Witloof
1. Prepare a BBQ for grilling in 2 zones. I used a bullet BBQ where you can do this by putting the coals on one side and leaving the other side empty.
2. While the BBQ is heating up, put the skillet on the grill so it can get nice and hot.
3. Fry the bacon cubes in the skillet, because of the fat on the bacon cubes you don't need to add any more butter.
In the meantime, cut the chicory in 2 and put it on the direct side.
4. When the bacon is crispy, deglaze it with the white wine vinegar. Add the parsley and pink pepper and reduce.
When the chicory is nicely baked, place it on the indirect side and let it cook for another 15 minutes.
5. Place the chicory on the plate and sprinkle the bacon cubes over it.