There are so many varieties of Chimichurri, the one I use the most is the original green and the red variety. In this recipe you will learn how to make my red variant.
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 cup of parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder, smoked
- 1 cup of olive oil
Side dish, Chimichurri, Kogel BBQ
1. Prepare a BBQ for direct grilling at 200°C. You do this by spreading your coals over the entire width of the BBQ.
2. Cut the bell pepper in half and remove the seeds. Place the bell pepper and chilli on the grid directly above the coals.
3. When the skins of the peppers and chillies are blackened, remove them from the BBQ.
Remove the skin from the pepper and chilli by scraping it with a knife, it should come off immediately.
4. Cut the bell pepper and chilli into small cubes and place in a bowl.
5. Finely chop the parsley, it is best to do this by hand. If you do this with a food processor, you will chop it so finely that it becomes a puree.
Crush the clove of garlic and finely chop it. Put both in a bowl.
6. Add the olive oil and red wine vinegar to the mixture and stir well.