Hasselback Potatoes with oregano
Hasselback potatoes are a type of baked potato in which the potato is cut into thin slices about halfway through. Then the potatoes can be coated with various spices and toppings.
In this recipe I use oregano and parmesan cheese.
These hasselback potatoes not only ensure that your plate looks good, but also taste great!
- 4 large waxy potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp oregano, finely chopped
- 50 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ tbsp coarse sea salt
- salt, smoked
-Pepper, coarsely ground
Side dish, Pellet Smoker, Vegetarisch
1. Prepare a BBQ for indirect grilling at 200°C. I myself used a pellet smoker, where I set the temperature in steps of 20°C difference to 200°C. I do this to prevent my BBQ from working too hard immediately, this can cause a build-up of pellets with a blockage as a result.
Make a notch in the potatoes every 5mm. Make sure that you do not cut completely through the potato.
2. Drizzle the potatoes with some olive oil and fill the notches with the oregano leaves and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the potatoes on the indirect side of a BBQ preheated to 200°C and let them bake for 40 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, sprinkle some parmesan cheese over the potatoes so that they form a nice crust.