Tri-Tip Brisket Style
A brisket is fairly pricey, but did you know that with a tri-tip (or donkey) you can perfectly experience the brisket experience?
By treating this tri-tip like a brisket, we get that beautiful smoke ring and the delicious taste of slow-cooked beef.
- 1 Tri-tip
- BBQ Seasoning (Naked Gunpowder from No Rubbish)
- Aluminium foil
- Core thermometer
Dinner, Avondeten, Kogel BBQ, Beef, Rund, Tri-Tip
1. Prepare a BBQ to smoke for a longer period of time at about 115 ° C. I have used the snake method in a bullet BBQ.
2. Meanwhile, season your tri-tip with the BBQ rub. I chose the Naked Gunpowder from No Rubbish because I usually use a more peppery rub with brisket, so I have the full brisket experience with the tri-tip.
3. When the BBQ is at the right temperature, place the tri-tip in the middle of the snake.
Insert a core thermometer into the thickest part and let the tri-tip smoke until it has a core temperature of approximately 72 ° C.
4. When the core temperature has been reached, remove the tri-tip from the BBQ.
Put it on a piece of aluminum foil and wrap it well, I usually use 2 low aluminum foil.
If you don't want to damage the bark, you can always wrap the tri-tip in butcher paper.
Put the tri-tip back on the BBQ and let it cook further to a core temperature of 92 ° C.
5. When the tri-tip has reached its core temperature, remove it from the BBQ. Open the package and let the steam escape, cover loosely and let rest for about 15 minutes.
Cut the tri-tip into thin slices and enjoy!