Short Loin with sweetcorn
The loin is a tender and juicy boneless piece of meat. We enthusiasts of meat grilling appreciate this lean piece of beef as hard as a marbled piece.
Combine this piece of meat with some sweetcorn and potato slices and you have a nice dish to start your evening with.
- 1 Short Loin
- 2 heads of organic corn
- 3 waxy potatoes
- Olive Oil
- A hearty BBQ Rub (De Fik Erin nr. 4)
Dinner, Beef, Mais, Corn, Aardappel, Potato
1. Prepare a BBQ for grilling with 2 zones at about 200 ° C. I used a bullet BBQ where you can do this by putting the coals on one side and leaving the other side empty.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices about 5mm thick. Put them in a bowl with some olive oil and sprinkle generously with your favorite herbs. I have used Braairub no.4 from De Fik Erin.
Shake well so that each potato gets a coat of herbs.
3. Place the potatoes on a vegetable grid and place them on the indirect side of your BBQ. Let them cook for about 30 minutes.
4. Melt some butter in a pan and pour it over the corn.
You can season the corn some extra if you want.
5. Trim any hard nerve pieces and season the loin with a little salt. We add pepper after grilling.
6. Because this is a fairly thick piece, we are going to use the reverse sear method.
Place the loin on the indirect side of the BBQ and leave it there until a core temperature of approximately 45 ° C is reached.
7. While the loin is cooking, place the container with corn on the direct side of your BBQ.
Turn the corn regularly in the hot butter.
8. When the loin has reached a temperature of 45 ° C, place it on the direct side. Grill it for about 1 minute per side for a nice crust and remove it from the BBQ.
Now place the vegetable grid with potatoes briefly on the direct side. This short heat will give our al dente potatoes a nice crust and a delicious grill flavor.
9. Let the meat rest for about 15 minutes before carving it. This ensures that the juices in the meat settle down and the meat is much more tender.
Serve on a board with a fruity beer.