Chuck tender with grilled pointed cabbage
A Chuck tender is a super tender piece of meat. This combined with the grilled pointed cabbage really gives you a taste sensation! Success guaranteed!
- 1 chuck tender
- Grilled pointed cabbage
- New potatoes with rosemary
Avondeten, Kogel BBQ, Rund, Cabbage
1. Prepare one for grilling with 2 zones at about 180°C. I used a kogel BBQ where you can do this by putting the coals on one side and leaving the other side empty.
2. Season the chuck tender with some salt and let it rest for a while.
Meanwhile cut the potatoes in halves and put them in a bowl. Add the olive oil and rosemary to the potatoes and mix well. Let it steep for a while. Cut the pointed cabbage in half and brush the cut side with some olive oil.
3. When the BBQ has reached the right temperature, place the potatoes on the indirect zone. Let them cook for about 15 minutes.
Also place both halves of the pointed cabbage on the direct zone and when the pointed cabbage has nice grill lines, place it next to the potatoes on the indirect zone.
Let the pointed cabbage cook for another 20 minutes on the indirect side. The pointed cabbage is ready when it is soft but still has a bite.
4. Place the chuck tender on the immediate area and grill for about 2 minutes per side. Then move it to the indirect zone and let it cook to a core temperature of 48°C.
5. When the chuck tender has reached its core temperature, let it rest for a while.
The potatoes are ready when they are tender, feel free to taste one while cooking. Of course the chef wants something too.