Waffles, who doesn't love them? This is one such dish that immediately makes everyone happy. I could use one at any time of the day.
When you make them on the BBQ or in an open fire you give them some extra flavor!
Waffles are best kept in a closed box, otherwise they can become very hard very quickly.
- 400g butter
- 500g pastry flour
- 300g of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla powder
- 1 vanilla bean
- 6 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- Sunflower oil
- a food processor
- a cast iron waffle iron
- a cooling grid
Dessert, Kogel BBQ, Waffle iron, Wafelijzer
1. Melt the butter, make sure it does not color.
Put the flour and sugar in the mixing bowl of the food processor, let it run quietly so that everything can mix nicely.
2. Add the baking powder and vanilla powder to the machine.
Cut the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds, add them to the mixture.
3. Break the eggs and add them one by one to the batter. Mix until everything is smooth. This would take a minute.
Add the butter to the mixing bowl and turn for another minute.
4. Put the bowl in the fridge for an hour and let it set.
In the meantime, prepare a BBQ for immediate grilling at about 250°C. You do this by filling the entire grid with red-hot coals.
5. Place the waffle iron on the grid and let it heat up.
When the waffle iron is hot enough, lubricate it with sunflower oil.
6. Scoop a ball with a spoon and place it on the waffle iron.
7. Bake the waffles directly over the coals until beautifully golden brown.
8. Place the waffles on the cooling grid to cool.
As you can see, it takes a while to find the right place and time. My first were fried fairly hard.
9. When the waffles have cooled, you can enjoy them!
They are also very tasty when warm.