Who doesn't love chicken wings? This appetizer is a blast! With the sweet taste of the sugar and the wooden taste of the whiskey, your chicken wings will really be licking your hands!
- 1 kg of chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder (or chopped fresh garlic)
- 5 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- salt, possibly smoked
- hot sauce such as Tabasco
- 5 tablespoon of whiskey
- ½ pack of butter
Hapje, Kogel BBQ, Chicken, Streetfood
1. Place the chicken wings in a large bowl, add the garlic, soy sauce, onion, brown sugar and ginger and season with the salt. Finally, add the most important ingredient, the whiskey.
2. Stir well and leave covered with foil in the refrigerator for 2 hours. You can also put everything in a large resealable bag where you can squeeze almost all the air out.
3. Prepare a BBQ for indirect smoking at about 180°C. You do this by placing your coal or briquettes on one side of the BBQ so that the other side is completely free.
4. Place the chicken wings on the BBQ and let it cook indirectly for about 30 minutes.
Take a pan with ½ pack of butter and add the remaining marinade. We will use this to make the lacquer sauce.
5. Flip the chicken wings and place the sauce pan next to the chicken wings above the coals. You can season this further with extra hot sauce or whiskey.
6. When the chickens have a core temperature of about 70°C, coat them with the sauce for a while and let them cook until about 75°C.
7. Place the whiskey wings on a plate and place it on the table. Lets eat!
Enjoy your meal!