Stuffed Chicken with Spinach-Ricotta Sauce
For a black-box challenge from BBQ-Time Kulinair I started with chicken and mushrooms. The result is this culinary dish with a spinach ricotta sauce and focaccia.
- 2 pieces of chicken fillet
- 100g mushrooms, finely chopped
- A handful of fresh spinach
- 50g ricotta
- 4 balls of mozzarella
- Focaccia (recipe coming soon)
Avondeten, Kogel BBQ, Pellet Smoker, Chicken, Culinair, Challenge
1. Cut the chicken fillet in half, but not completely, you still have to butterfly the chicken fillet open.
2. Brush the inside of the chicken breast with the finely chopped mushrooms.
3. Prepare a BBQ for indirect smoking at about 140 ° C. You do this by placing your coal or briquettes on one side of the BBQ so that the other side is completely free.
4. Roll up the chicken breast and insert some toothpicks to hold it in place.
Cut the chicken breast into slices about 2 fingers thick. Sprinkle with some chicken seasoning.
5. Stick some smokewood between the coals, I used oak, and put the chicken breast slices on the indirect side of the BBQ and let it smoke for 40 minutes until they have a core temperature of 70°C.
6. While the chicken is smoking, braise the spinach until it has completely shrunk. If this is the case, drain them. Finely chop the spinach and mix it with the ricotta for the sauce.
7. When the chicken has reached its temperature, put a slice of mozzarella on it. Let it cook for another 5 minutes so that the mozzarella melts.
8. Place the slices on a plate, cut some pieces of the focaccia and dress the spinach ricotta sauce.