Pulled Chicken Enchilada's
Chicken enchiladas, a classic in Mexico! When you use pulled chicken instead of a regular chicken fillet, you combine the best of both worlds! What a flavor bomb this is!
- 6 tortillas
- 500g passata
- Pulled chicken
- 150g grated cheese
- 150ml of hot water
- a skillet
- a bbq-resistant oven dish
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika powder
- 2 teaspoons of dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of pepper / cayenne pepper
Dinner, Lunch, Kogel BBQ, Chicken, Mexicaans, Streetfood
1. Prepare a BBQ for grilling with 2 zones at about 180°C. You do this by filling 1 side of your BBQ with coal and leaving the other side empty.
Place your skillet on the grid above the coals and let it warm up slowly.
Meanwhile, mix the herbs, water and passata together.
2. When the BBQ has reached the right temperature, cap the mixture in the skillet and let it cook for 2 minutes. Add part of the cheese, this gives the sauce a smoother texture.
Heat the pulled chicken in a separate bowl.
3. When everything is at the right temperature, add the pulled chicken to the sauce. Mix everything together well.
4. Meanwhile, heat the tortillas on the BBQ. You do this by placing them on the grid above the coals for about 10 seconds on each side. When there are bubbles on your tortillas, they are warm enough.
5. Now that the tortillas are warm you can easily roll them up without tearing them.
Place a large spoonful of the meat mixture in the center of the tortilla and spread out a little, then roll up the tortilla and place in a baking dish.
6. When your oven dish is full of tortillas, cover the rest of the cheese and put it on the indirect part of your BBQ for another 20 minutes.
7. The enchiladas are ready when the cheese is completely melted.