Duck with parsnip fries
With the holidays approaching, you are certainly already busy putting together your Christmas menu.
This recipe is perfect for sliding in front of your guests and they will love it!
- 1 duck breast
- 2 large parsnips
- 150ml veal stock
- 50ml red port
- olive oil
- A skillet
Dinner, Kogel BBQ, Duck, Festive
1. Prepare a BBQ for grilling with 2 zones at about 200°C. You do this by filling 1 side of your BBQ with coal and leaving the other side empty.
Place your skillet on the grid above the coals and let it warm up slowly.
2. Peel and halve the parsnips, then cut them into chips about 1 cm thick.
3. Place the fries in a bowl and add a dash of olive oil, some pepper and some salt. Mix everything well so that the fries have a nice coating.
4. Cut the fat side of the duck breast crosswise and rub with some smoked salt.
3. Place the fries on a vegetable grid and place them on the indirect zone of your BBQ.
Place the duck breast directly over the coals for about 2 minutes per side.
PAY ATTENTION! The fat can cause large flames, so make sure to use heat resistant gloves!
6. After searing, place the duck breast on the indirect zone and cook until a core temperature of 51 ° C.
In the meantime, pour the veal stock into the skillet and reduce to 1/3. Only then do you add the red port and let it simmer for another minute or 2.
7. Strain the sauce and add some ice-cold butter, this will ensure that the sauce has a good binding.
8. When the duck has reached a core temperature of 51 ° C, remove it and the fries from the BBQ. Let the duck rest for a few minutes before carving it.